Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Creating a Kitchen Design from Flea Market Finds


I am so in love with thrifting that sometimes I shop when I can't buy anything but just want to entertain my imagination. When sifting through Pinterest photos and filling my "Homey Cozy" board just doesn't cut it, I seek out LA Flea Markets. On sunny mornings I'll wonder the long aisles of colorful booths and take pictures of the beautiful furniture that will one day rest in one of my five living rooms. On my most recent outing, I found these Melrose Trading Post gems for one of my future kitchens. 

Mint green and shabby - this baby is a beaut!

The knobs! The curves! This hutch is my dream!

This doesn't even look like kitchen furniture but its green and curved and g*dammit its just meant to be!

This, my friends, is not for my beautiful mint and yellow kitchen. But it will rest in one of my kitchens! Let me assure you.

I highly recommend ditching the design photos on your computer and exploring the thrift stores and flea markets in your city. The eyes can ogle in 3D! Get out and window shop... and take me with you!

Q: Anyone else ever find treasures they wish they had the space for?

No comments:

Post a Comment